In 2012, TNT Express, a leading provider of integrated express delivery services, officially opened its new Hong Kong Regional Hub. The state-of-the-art logistics facility caters for the increasing car-go flow in the region as well as generating greater connectivity between Asia Pacific and Europe.
The system comprises three Elevating Transfer Vehicles operating in an automated ULD system with over 1,300 storage positions.
The 7,380-square-metre facility incorporates the most advanced sorting and security technology. The terminal is able to handle up to 600 tons of cargo daily. Lödige Industries in partnership with Vanderlande Industries were appointed to deliver the new Parcel Sorter System and Container Handling Equipment for TNT Hong Kong Regional Hub.
Hong Kong International Airport is one of Asia's leading airports in 2020 and 2021, winning "Asia Pacific Airport of the Year" Award at the 2016, 2017 and 2021 Payload Asia Awards.
- Client: Vanderlande Industries B.V.
- Location: Asia Airfreight Terminal, Hong Kong International Airport
- Year of completion: February 2012
- System: Parcel Sorter System and Container Handling Equipment
- Dock Levellers
- 685 m2 Castor Decks
- Scissor Lift Platforms
- Litter Skirts
- Weighing Scales
- 60 m2 Free Drive Roller Deck
- Ram Protections
- 1,320 Storage positions arranged over six levels
- 2 x Bridge Vehicles
- Refrigeration/ Cool rooms