SATS Terminal 5 Singapore
October 1995 Singapore
Fully automated air cargo system
SATS handles most of the airfreight volume coming through Singapore Changi Airport, and is one of the busiest cargo and mail handlers in the world. Its semi-automated ULD system handles 500,000 t/year and it provides cargo, mail, express and courier services to many scheduled and ad-hoc airlines operating at Singapore Changi Airport for more hundreds international and local freight forwarders.
To improve the processes, Lödige Industries installed three elevating transfer vehicles (ETV) in the cargo storage area. The rack system comprises 1,360 storage positions.
- Client: SATS Airport Services Pte. Ltd.
- Location: Changi Airport, Singapore
- Year of completion: October 1995
- Capacity: 500,000 t/year
- Scope: Design, manufacture, installation and commissioning of the fully automatic Material Handling System.
- Elevating Transfer Vehicles (ETVs)
- Transfer Vehicles (TVs)
- Transfer Vehicles with Turntable
- ULD Lifts
- Fixed Workstations
- Elevating Workstations
- Truck Docks
- Storage Positions arranged over six levels
- Bridge Vehicles
- Refrigeration/ Cool rooms
- Inventory Control System
+49 5642 702-0