Two TRAFFICO car lifts delivered in 2019 by Lödige Industries service two parking levels with a total of 75 parking spaces in this elegant residential tower in Rotterdam’s up and coming Wijnhaven area.
Up:Town is an elegant residential tower with 178 apartments and an above-ground car park on Wijnhaven island in the centre of Rotterdam. Traditionally a docklands area with warehouses and later office, the Wijnhaven island has recently been completely transformed into an attractive residential area with luxury high-rise buildings. Up:Town was designed by Jeroen Hoorn in collaboration with Martijn Verhagen and developed and built by Stebru.
Stebru was founded in 2005 by Joop and Robert Steenbrugge. Since then its built a remarkable track record in the development and construction of large residential buildings and care homes.
For an optimal use of space two hydraulic car lifts are placed next to each other in a steel construction. Using the steel frame, the lifts sit slightly outside the building to create more space. A high-end lift cabin with generous dimensions makes driving into and out of the elevator comfortable, even for bigger cars. As Up:Town offers exclusive apartments, homeowners often own large premium cars.
The car lifts are modern and stylish with a beautiful finish using smooth galvanized steel panels with wooden bumpers, LED fixtures, aluminium tear plate flooring and a TFT information screen control. Operation is simple and self-explanatory.
Users are assisted further by the Lödige guidance system in placing their car in the lift. It indicates the correct position of the car and ensures that the doors remain open for the duration to prevent damage to the car.
In addition, the residents’ high expectations of quality, appearance and a trouble-free car lift were met by using German engineered and manufactured components, assembled and customised in our own factory.
„Clear communication and clear agreements on planning and work characterise the success of a good co-operation with Lödige."
- Stephan Kranenburg of Stebru B.V.
- The Lödige TRAFFICO car lifts transport cars between ground level and parking garage without the need for a ramp.
- The generous dimensions of the lift cabin make driving into and out of the elevator comfortable, even for bigger cars.
- Simple and self-explanatory user guidance screens for smooth and easy parking.
- Space was reduced from three to two floors of parking without losing any parking spaces.
- Both cars and bicycles can be transported in the high-end and comfortably sized lifts.
We look forward to your message.