Residents benefit from space-saving PEGASOS in apartment building
In the wooded slopes of the Taunus mountains in the catchment area of Frankfurt lies the climatic health resort of Königstein. People who want to escape the big city find a pleasant home in this modern and preferred residential area outside of Frankfurt. Rents have been rising throughout the Frankfurt area for many years. Also in Königstein rents are well above the average in Germany.
Lödige Fördertechnik GmbH supplied a PEGASOS car lift for an apartment house in Koenigstein, Germany. The lift is used as an access to the garage in the basement.
11 / 2014
Creating attractive living space despite rising rents
Many residents and commuters in this region are dependent on own cars because of public transport connections. Anyone who has visited Königstein is familiar with the parking conditions: hilly, narrow streets lead to a low number of parking spaces. The owner of this project was faced with the question of how living space could be designed attractively despite the rising prices and lack of parking spaces?
The Karl Dudler Architects had a vision for the centrally located private building in the heart of Königstein: a modern and comfortable apartment building with straight and clear structures, consisting of 2- and 4-room flats.
Installed in November 2014, Lödige Industries was able to successfully implement the architects' vision with the PEGASOS ® car lift. As the shaft head in this project was installed outside the building and thanks to the narrow shaft geometry of the lift, it looks like a single garage from the outside when equipped with roller doors, which underlines the modern design of the building. The PEGASOS car lift also stands out for its ease of installation, as this model does not require a pit and can thus reduce underground engineering costs. Also, a machine room is not required. Residents can easily reach the desired floor with the help of a remote control.
The building, which was completed in November 2014, is a KfW Efficiency House (55). Thanks to reduced drive power and higher efficiency, the PEGASOS is significantly more energy-efficient than hydraulic car lifts and can therefore also be used in KfW-efficient houses, as here in Königstein.
We are pleased to have achieved an all-round positive result for the customer. The car lift is maintained by Lödige Industries as part of a service contract.
Facts and figures
Lifting height & Stops:
4.520 mm, 2 stops
Application of the elegant, space-saving solution
- Due to the surroundings and the layout of the building, the owner was looking for a space-saving parking solution. The property did not have a straight side boundary. The PEGASOS® car lift offers the ideal solution for, this situation, because due to its low shaft head height, this model can be used as a boundary construction.
- The parking space regulations in Königstein set a precise number or parking spaces for residential buildings, which could not be achieved here using the conventional way, an access ramp. Thus, the owner was threatened with a high redemption sum.
- The owner could reduce civil engineering costs due to the simple installation and the fact that this model does not require a pit.
- Compared to hydraulic car lifts, the PEGASOS is significantly more energy-efficient thanks to reduced drive power and higher efficiency.
- Due to the outside installed shaft head and the narrow shaft geometry of the lift, it looks like a single garage from the outside when equipped with elegant roller doors.